St Cecilia Career Training Program provides free tutoring and support for students who request assistance with their studies. Students have access to studying in groups, one on one direct personal tutoring; computer-based learning programs and academic resource materials. Students are welcome to drop in or request for a standing appointment. Tutoring services are tailored towards the individual needs of a student.
STEPS TO BECOME AN ONLINE STUDENT
Prior to registering for an online course, you should assess whether you are ready for online learning by completing the following:
To take full advantage of the interactivity of the courses, the following setup is recommended:
A personal computer with one of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows OS, Windows 8 or above); Apple Mac OS 10.12 or above.
Processor: 1 GHz or faster; RAM: 2GB or higher; Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher.
An Internet connection speed of 1.5 Mbps or higher.
supported browsers: Chrome v63+; Firefox 57+ (Safari 12+ is supported, but not recommended; Microsoft Edge 42+ is supported, but not recommended).
Sound Card and Speakers
Do you have the necessary computer skills to complete an online course?
Word Processor Skills.
- Open a new file.
- Open an existing file.
- Save a file.
- Rename a file (Save As).
- Cut, paste, format text.
- Print a document.
- Familiar with the operating system of the computer being used to access the Internet course.
- Understand terms such as mouse, drag, open, select, file, choose, double-click, download, upload, send, etc.
- Save, copy and find files/folders on discs and hard drives.
- Navigate between two or more applications without closing and re-opening (multitasking).
- Minimize/maximize Windows.
- Send, open, reply to, and forward a message.
- Enter a message subject.
- Send an attachment.
- Open and/or save an attachment.
Web Browser Skills.
- Go to a specific URL.
- Print a page.
- Follow a hypertext link.
- Conduct a basic search using a search engine.
- Download and install plug-ins